ISME will make funds available for young scientists to assist in covering their travel expenses to attend ISME17. The maximum
grant will be:
• Germany € 100
• Rest of Europe € 300
• Rest of the World € 800
The Grants are divided into:
- Student Grants:
ISME student members currently engaged in research toward a higher degree: Masters or PhD
- PostDoc Grants:
ISME regular members currently holding a PostDoc position for no more than 3 years*
The applicant must also be the first and presenting author of an abstract submitted to the symposium.
Applications for "The ISME Travel Awards" should include:
- Applicants name and full contact details (full work address, phone number, email address)
- ISME membership number (can be found when login into your ISME account)
- Gender, age and nationality
- Supportive statement from current supervisor
- Personal statement why you believe the Committee should select you for an award
All applications should be in a .pdf file format (no longer than 3 pages) with the filename containing the applicants' name as follows:
You can upload your file when you submit your abstract.
- ONLY ISME members will be considerd for travel grants so make sure to become a member before the application deadline of 16 March 2018.
- The travel grants will be distributed during the Symposium in Leipzig via PayPal or bank transfer. For safety reasons we do not distribute grants in cash.
- Being awarded a travel award does not automatically imply that you will be selected for an oral presentation at the conference.
*counting from the last day of the conference, 17 August 2018.