We are looking for a qualified person with an experience in bioinformatics that will provide assistance with bioinformatic tasks concerning the analysis of microbiome structure and functioning. Within the Core Facility for Bioinformatics of the Institute of Microbiology of the CAS, he will collaborate with researchers from various laboratories to help them solve their bioinformatics problems, design analysis strategies or develop new methods / scripts.
The bioinformatic approaches will mostly consider high-throughput amplicon and shotgun data analysis from complex environments. The position may be a long-term, so there is a good chance for extension after the initial one-year period.
We offer the work in an international and motivated research community of the Institute with challenging tasks of microbiome analysis.
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
• PhD or MSc degree within the field of bioinformatics, biology, ecology or similar
• Practical experience in the field of bioinformatics, statistics and scripting / programming skills
• Papers in IF journals using bioinformatics approaches
• Experience with Shell / Python or Pearl
• The active knowledge of R is an advantage
• Good communication in English
• Motivation for collaboration with others and teaching/training
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals who can provide reference.
The starting date is negotiable, preferably as soon as possible.
Application and further information: Petr Baldrian, email@example.com