Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Microbiology/Microbial Ecology
Our group at Wilmar@NUS (National University of Singapore) is seeking to hire an enthusiastic postdoctoral fellow in microbiology/molecular ecology. The successful candidate will be working on projects aiming to improve animal health and efficiency through deciphering gut microbiome-host metabolic networks.
- Design and conduct experiments in the field/laboratory and analyse data;
- Visit collaborators in countries around Southeast Asia;
- Write research papers, patent applications, reports, reviews and summaries and communicate/present results to colleagues, external scientists and stakeholders;
- Collaborate with Wilmar-related companies to apply the research findings and develop improved techniques, products or practices and new routes of research;
- Attend international conferences on topics of interest to Wilmar Innovation Centre.
- Ph.D. degree in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Wet-lab expertise in anaerobic microbiology (cultivation), molecular ecology (handling biological samples, D/RNA extraction, qPCR, metagenomics, transcriptomics, etc.)
- Experience with commonly used bioinformatics methods/tools
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken), Chinese language skills are beneficial
- Ability to work independently, but also work effectively in a team
About Wilmar International
Wilmar International Limited is Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar is ranked amongst the largest listed companies by market capitalisation on the Singapore Exchange. At the core of Wilmar’s strategy is an integrated agribusiness model that encompasses the entire value chain of the agricultural commodity business, from cultivation, processing, merchandising to manufacturing of a wide range of agricultural products. It has over 500 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. The Group has a multinational workforce of about 90,000 staff. More information about Wilmar International can be found online (http://www.wilmar-international.com/). The WIL@NUS labs are on the NUS campus, which offers all the great benefits of campus life.
Singapore is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city-state with one of the highest standards of living in the world. It features a rich Asian heritage and an eclectic mix of cultures, each bringing with them their language, customs, festivals, architecture, and last but not least, food. Singapore has a tropical climate, and its many parks and green spaces allow for outdoor activities all-year-round. The city hosts many international cultural, sports and music events, offers modern style living and excellent education and healthcare. Situated in the heart of Southeast Asia, Singapore is an ideal gateway to explore Asia and the Pacific region.
Contact and further information
To apply, please email a detailed cover letter describing your specific job-related experiences, qualifications and interests together with your CV and list of publications to Angela Lok Tai Wuen (email@example.com).