Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow. The person will work in the frames of the international project “Linking microclimate, deadwood microbial diversity, adaption mechanisms and ecosystem processes” that explores the ecology of deadwood fungi and bacteria and their adaptation to global change. The project includes analysis of microbial communities and their transcriptional activity in the deadwood of temperate forests of the Czech Republic and Germany.
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
• PhD degree in the field of microbiology, mycology, ecology or similar
• Experience in microbial ecology or molecular biology
• First-authored paper(s) in high-ranking IF journals in the fields of ecology, microbiology or mycology
• Excellence in English and good communication skills
• Motivation for independent scientific work
• Previous involvement in projects focusing on deadwood or soil microorganisms represents an advantage
• Experience with advanced statistical methods represents an advantage
• During the whole duration of the appointment, the person will be based in the Czech Republic
We offer the work in an inspiring and friendly environment of an international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, in the Czech Republic (see e.g. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Petr_Baldrian) and access to interesting experiments / datasets produced by the host institution and their collaborators. Gross salary: approximately 1800 EUR / month (in CZK), 30 days paid holiday per year.
The position is offered for an initial period of two years. The position is open until filled, and expected to be filled soon (until November 2021).
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals (such as PhD or postdoc supervisors) who can provide reference to Petr Baldrian (firstname.lastname@example.org).