Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in fungal plant pathology.
- Design and implement innovative ideas and concepts aimed at developing biological control products for various fungal plant pathogens of high value crops.
- Organize and conduct studies in laboratory (growing plants in growth chambers, microbial culture, microscopy, cryopreservation, DNA isolation, PCR, qPCR).
- Develop methods and assays needed for culture of fungal plant pathogens, isolation of spores, pathogen-plant interaction and disease progression in host plants.
- Work collaboratively with other R&D team members to accomplish other department specific project goals and milestones.
- Engage customers and stakeholders to identify current problems and opportunities for products.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to independently troubleshoot challenges and discover solutions.
- Continuously contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Analyze, summarize, and present results to the R&D team and across departments.
- Highly-motivated with excellent oral and written communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen ability to identify issues and take appropriate actions.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and diverse projects.
- Computer literacy with skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Ph.D. and 4+ years of experience in Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe interactions with focus on biological control of fungal plant pathogens.
- Industry experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of plant biology, plant pathology, plant physiology, plant-microbe interactions and biological control of plant diseases.
- Extensive experience in isolation, routine culture and maintenance, inoculation of host plants and testing pathogenicity of fungal plant pathogens.
- Proven experience in growing diverse crops under greenhouse and growth chamber conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to occasionally travel domestically or internationally.
All interested applicants email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.