Starting with June 2018, the KL University offers a permanent postdoctoral tenure track research position in the department "Water Quality and Health" (Head Prof. Dr. Andreas Farnleitner, Deputy Head: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Alexander Kirschner). The offered position is projected for 30 hrs per week with the option to increase working hours based on third-party funded projects. We offer a challening job in an international, interdisciplinary and highly motivated team.
- Development and application of quantitative flow cytometric and microscopic methods in the diagnosis of health relevant microorganisms, pathogens and indicators in water.
- Development and application of methods for the flow cytometric sorting (FACS) of bacterial populations in water.
- Development and application of methods for assessing the bio-stability of water.
- Supervision of students and participation in teaching.
- Collaboration in research projects and support in logistical activities.
- Recruitment and implementation of own third-party-funded research projects.
- Participation in the coordination of the working group and the Inter-University Cooperation Centre for Water and Health.
- Diploma or master's degree in microbiology, molecular biology, cell biology, microbial ecology or similar subjects.
- PhD in natural sciences (microbiology or cell biology).
- Prerequisite: Experience with flow cytometry and microbiological lab work (preferably scientific publications or doctoral thesis).
- Desired: Experience with cell sorting methods (Fluorescence-activated cell sorting; FACS), fundamentals of microbiological cultivation techniques, molecular biological analyses, microbial ecology, water quality analysis and basics in bioinformatics and statistics.
- Interest in scientific work and scientific publications.
- Willingness to cooperate in teaching and mentoring students.
- Manual skill and joy in manual laboratory activities.
- Reliable and independent working attitude.
- Friendly, open appearance and team spirit.
You can expect a challenging job in an internationally and highly motivated team. The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and
female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly welcome. The minimum gross salary for this position is € 2.475,-. Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible.
Applications should include a motivation letter (including a description of scientific accomplishments, research interests,…), curriculum vitae, and credentials and should be mailed by May 30, 2018 to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (email@example.com).
About the employer:
Established in 2013, the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems, and includes a network of comprising teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems and Tulln. The university offers degree programmes in Human Medicine, Psychotherapy, Counselling Sciences and Psychology which are tailored to the requirements of the Bologna model, opening the door to new, cutting-edge health professions. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions.