We are looking for a qualified person with an experience in microbial ecology that will be involved in research focusing the complex characterization of the microbiome of a temperate forest. The position will be devoted to the characterization of microbes from multiple habitats, their activity, interactions and dispersal and especially the dynamics of forest processes.
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
• PhD degree within the field of microbiology, ecology, bioinformatics or similar
• Practical experience in the field of bioinformatics, statistics and coding.
• Papers in leading IF journals in the field of microbial ecology
• Fluent English
• Experience with Java scripting, Python programming and the R is an advantage
• Motivation for indepedent scientific work
We offer the work in an international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, Czech Republic (see e.g. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Petr_Baldrian). The position is open until filled. The starting date is January 1, 2019 (but i tis negotiable). The duration is two years with an optional renewal.
To apply, please send to the e-mail below the following:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Motivation letter
- Contacts to at least two independent professionals who can provide reference.
For more information, please contact Petr Baldrian (firstname.lastname@example.org), https://mbucas.cz/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Job-offer-Postdoc-in-Microbial-Ecology-2019.pdf