Multiple PhD projects are available to join our diverse, interdisciplinary, international and dynamic team of geomicrobiologists, microbial ecologists, and geochemists at the University of Tübingen in Germany. The candidates will be provided many opportunities to be creative, innovative, and to work on a challenging and environmentally relevant topic. Students will apply state-of-the-art techniques including cryogenic electron microscopy, synchrotron x-ray absorption, stable isotope probing, high-throughput sequencing and more.
- Strong background in (Bio)Geochemistry and/or Environmental Microbiology
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Highly motivated for interdisciplinary research
- Good computer and language (English) skills
- Field work experience is highly beneficial
Start date for successful applicants is early 2019.
Employment (TVL E13, 75%, 3-4 years) will be arranged by the University of Tübingen. Disabled persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For more information and to apply, please send a CV, motivation letter and overview of techniques and methods previously used by email before October 15th 2018 to: Prof. Dr. Andreas Kappler (firstname.lastname@example.org), Geomicrobiology, Center for Applied Geosciences, University of Tübingen, Germany.